A call came in at 2:16 AM this morning for a fire in building at 2224 2nd Avenue (Lava Lounge.) Apparently, a fire started in the kitchen at either Lava Lounge (though that is not exactly clear, as Q13 & KIRO have conflicting reports.) Luckily, no one was injured.
We’ve contacted the businesses, and hope to have more info soon.
SEATTLE — A fire damaged at least one business in Seattle’s Belltown neighborhood overnight.
Firefighters were called to the blaze at about 2:30 a.m. Monday on Second Avenue near Bell Street.
Smoke from the flames poured out of the Lava Lounge, but a KIRO 7 Eyewitness News staff member said he saw the adjacent business, Dope Burger, boarded up.
The smoke forced the evacuation of people who live in apartments above the businesses, but no one was hurt.
The fire may have started in the bar’s kitchen.