Hello Friends & Neighbors –
When I started the Belltown First Friday Wine Share in April of 2012 my goal was to meet a few people and get a little more involved in the neighborhood if I could. Here we are two years and 24 BFFWS event’s later and we have had some very fun times and I have had the pleasure to meet and get to know some extraordinary people. I can honestly say that the BFFWS has helped my transition from being a “transplant” to feeling like I am home where I belong.
I have come to the decision that it is time for me to retire and end/or pass on the Belltown First Friday Wine Share “baton” to see where someone else’s vision can take it. I have spoken with a few people about this and they are giving the next event a try but nothing in stone yet about them continuing. If you are interested in learning more email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can talk.
With that being said, there have been a few people and businesses that have been extremely helpful in helping the BFFWS become what it has.
- David & Greta – You are both super awesome people and it has been a real pleasure getting to know you both. Thank you for always offering to host us at The Ellington, some of the best events have been there with you!
- Zander – Also helping out with events at The Ellington and always some great conversations.
- Ann Marie – Always eager to help out if you can! I regard you as one of my closer friends here in Seattle! Oh Eddie wanted me to tell you hello! 🙂
- Keith and Lisa – Always loved handing the “mc” duties over to you Keith as it is a pleasure to watch you interacting and speaking to everyone. Lisa bringing community news and happenings to the events to help us all be more informed of what is going on around us.
- Soyon – For helping with the flier, email blast, and taking some sweet photos!
- Jane – Always great at spreading the word of the BFFWS and bringing us news and happenings from around the ‘hood.
- Todd & Belltown Insurance Group – It has been a pleasure working with you, and we are very grateful for your support and on-going sponsorship in the events.
- Arthouse Apartments & Staff – The Arthouse was one of the locations that actually sought us out (Thanks Jenelle!) the Fourth of July event was AWESOME! As has the other events since then!
- The Alto Apartments & Staff – Last but not least, It is fitting that my first and last (even though I was sick) event was at The Alto. The location and rooftop is is stunning and I enjoyed seeing those from around the neighborhood who never get to see views quite like yours enjoying them.
I hope to see you all around the neighborhood and at future Belltown First Friday Wine Share events. Until Then..