1/12/11 Belltown Pub @7PM
Some neighborhood folks are talking about forming a low-commitment social event focused around programming and coding. It’s not language or domain specific. It’s not about money or startups. It’s just people that like to code and wish they could spend more time meeting people who also enjoy socializing and talking about code. We also intend to get some work done, or just branch off and enjoy a beer if that’s what ends up happening.
The original post is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Seattle/comments/dtuwc/would_beer_code_work_in_seattle/
The idea comes from here: http://www.siliconprairienews.com/2010/10/q-a-with-beer-code-creator-andy-peters
PROPOSED LOCATION AND TIME: Belltown Pub near 1st and Battery. Time: 7 pm on Wednesdays
- Free Wifi
- Talked to the owner, and he’s down with the idea. A group from Real Networks already does something like this on a different day
- Free pool and shuffleboard upstairs
- Seating is arranged well for this kind of thing
- I saw a few power outlets
- Usual pub fare and happy hour deals
- Starbucks next door if you prefer going to Starbucks?